Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NaNoWriMo upate....

With only 7 NaNo days left to go, I am clearly not on my road to victory. November has managed to throw me a few domestic curve balls and a couple of snotty nosed little ones, who are looking spritely and well now, at the end of November:)
Although I feel disappointed that my word count wasn't higher at this point, I have not by any means given up! I still write like the wind whenever time permits.

And I am really enjoying the story as well.

I began fresh for NaNoWriMo, with no preconceived idea at all! At the end of week one I thought - "man this is shit!" Yet I pushed on, past the dialogue that sounded all wrong and that odd switch to 1st person voice in the middle. (Which I was compelled to fix and did shhh) By the second week I realised the word count was unachievable with a wakeful baby in tow, but continued anyway- this week I feel really good about the story. It is falling into place nicely at the moment and ideas a plentiful (touch wood)

No comments: