Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Drama of a Morning....

This pregnancy is a bit of a drama most days but this morning I woke up in agony....agony I tell you! I couldn't stand up properly, I couldn't sit down! The whole drama lasted for about 40 mins. Abdominal pain, back pain, cramping...right across my abdomen.

Contractions seems to be to blame, but possibly round ligament pain...it is hard to tell because whatever it was had eased by the time I got to the hospital, so no contractions showed up on the monitor print out. We are 31 weeks now, so it is still too early but if it happens again I wont be hanging around the house to wait and see how it pans out...I could hardly catch my breath! Straight back the noisy monitor machine for me.

I didn't have labour pain last pregnancy - it was a planned c-section due to a number of factors so the birth was scheduled for 10 days early, with never a twinge. So I have no comparison.

It is ironic though, I have been wishing the days along until this whole drama finishes and my body is back to normal, but a little hiccup like this - I'm saying STAY IN THERE!! YOUR NURSERY ISN'T READY YET !!

No comments: