Saturday, February 18, 2006

Granny Squares. WARNING: they are addictive.


Of all my projects, I think that I actually like making my granny squares the most. I never loose the plot of a movie while crocheting granny squares and I can drop the whole thing at my little boys every (and frequent) demand, without ever dropping a stitch.

THE PLAN
This is the centre panel and the square will go around the edges until it is wides enough, then I am going to crochet from just the top and bottom to make it an oblong rather than a sqaure.

5 comments:

Mama Kelly said...

I love making granny squares. Probably because, as you said, it's one of the few crochet items you can multitask and not lose track.

I am working on a few oversized granny square "afghans" and one project where I'm joining many small squares.

amandazen said...

They are so addictive, I have recently started making some for my WTW project. Yours looks so fantastic! Great colors...

Amanda

Jenni said...

I love granny squares although I've never made any. Very nice!

knitabulous said...

Look Becky - you're making retro chic!
I love granny squares too.

Anonymous said...

kathie said - bring back the granny squares!!!!! now!!!