Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Alas... My Word count was an embarrassing 3,586

NaNoWriMo has come and gone, unfortunately it did not sweep me into the winners bucket, and I have no one to blame but myself - and perhaps my children! LOL While I joke, it is true. My son is at preschool three days a week, but my little girt is only 10 months. Writing with little people is really difficult for two reason. Excuses, excuses I hear you say!
But I am going to tell you anyway...


1. The most obvious one is a major lack of time, and a lack of brain clarity.


AND


2. When a small round face looks up at you; gums glistening with chewy dribble, gibberish that makes you melt with pride and eyes lashes to kill for, who isn't going to be distracted?


So, in light of that I have decided to say:


"Oh well"


At least I didn't miss out on my daughters 9th month


I have not given up though! Plod on, I will.....




3 comments:

tigerlou said...

Who wouldn't be distracted by that beautiful little face

Anonymous said...

Scarlet!!!! I wouldn't get a thing done if that little beauty were growing up in my house! Come to think of it, what DID I get done when our kids were little other than being a mom and loving it and when they were napping or in bed for the night, I resorted to scratching out a freelance existence, but honestly, nanowrimo will come along every year and you have TONS of time. In the meantime, there's all that glorious growing going on! Hope you're having wonderful holidays, too!

The Scarlet Tree said...

Thanks Whisp and Oh... She is really wonderful. Hope you both have a great Christmas.