Monday, December 18, 2006

A Festive Meme !

A Festive Meme!
It has been a busy Christmas so far but my little one helped wrapped presents today and it is getting very exciting. I am surprised he didn't even try to peek at the presents, and told daddy with a pointy little finger, "Daddy, don't look at the presents ... It's not xmas 'et" Hehe

Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both! A game of cards and a Egg nog goes down a treat! But it is more cold beer sort of weather at xmas here. Or fresh watermelon around the tree.

Christmas Stockings for Santa to fill? Yes, colored popcorn is a must in the stocking and new undies and are important too!

Does Father Christmas wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps them for sure, not all that neatly though. And anything to big to waste paper on, goes in a pillow case or wrapped in xmas fabric that gets reused every year.

colored lights on tree/house or white? No house lights but the tree gets a dose of both. More the merrier!

Do you hang mistletoe? No, I don't think we have mistletoe in Australia? A nice little branch of Lilly Pilly would probably do the job though.

When do you put up your decorations? Its quite random. Last year they went up Xmas eve and came down boxing day....and this year it will go up on Friday and stay a little while. Maybe next year I will be super duper organised!!

What's your favorite Christmas dish? Oh that's easy! We have a big xmas breakfast! Big slabs of fresh leg ham and fried eggs on sourdough. Umm, I do like the Turkey wing at dinner time too!

favorite Christmas memory as a child? Opening our stocking on xmas morning with my twin before mum and dad woke up.

When and how did you learn the truth about Father Christmas? Mum was on the loo, and I asked her if Santa was real and she said, 'No, he isn't!" I was so upset that she told the truth, but I was in year five!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep, sure do!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With everything in the xmas boxes! No colour scheme, no regard for patterning. Just fill 'er up till there is not much green left!

Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it, but of course we have to snow here either

Can you ice skate? Yep, I love iceskating, but alas no ice.

Do you remember your favorite gift? My Strawberry Shortcake dolls, I loved them to death. (I still have them somewhere)

What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Well, now it is the look on my little ones face and making it really special time for him.

What's your favorite Christmas dessert? My mother in laws Savoiardi cake. It is so decadent. Layers of Italian sponge soaked in strong coffee and liquor, the alternate layers are smothered in thick, full cream chocolate and vanilla custard and then topped with lashings of fresh cream and grated chocolate.

What's your favorite Christmas tradition? CD's of Christmas carols on xmas eve and few glasses of wine at mum's house.

What tops your tree? My husband and I got a fairly garish star that lights up with fairy lights. It is always a pain cause the electrical cord is too short. But it was one of the first Xmas thing we bought together before we were married, and hey I like things the sparkle, even ones that are a little garish :).

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I like giving pressies to my little one the most, and watching his little eyes.

favorite non-religious Carol: T'was the Night Before Christmas (although more often spoken than sung)

favorite religious carol: The little Drummer Boy

Candy canes? Yep, but maybe not anymore. Im a bit fussy about teeth brushing after lollies. So I don't like the those little tempations hanging around too long for little fingers to reach.

1 comment:

the stripey tiger said...

Loved reading this Becky! Dont know if we'll se eyou before chrissy but I'll be thinking of you. :-)